I like to make a big batch and freeze them in ziploc bags. Then I just pop two or three in the microwave when we eat breakfast.
What you need: for 24 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/4" pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottoms of 24 muffin cups.
- Combine flours, sugar, spices, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil, applesauce, and honey in a 2nd mixing bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in chopped apple.
- Spoon batting into muffin tins (about 2/3 full). Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely in a wire rack.
- Freeze in ziploc bags for up to 2 months.