What you need: (makes about 3 dozen)
- 1 (2-layer) devils food cake mix
- 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar
Let's get Cooking:
1. With a hand mixer (or by hand) cream the margarine and cream cheese together. Add the cake mix, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined. (Sometimes my dough is a little crumbly at this point. Just add a splash of milk to help it stick together.)
2. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in powdered sugar just before baking.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. (Make sure not to overbake. It's easy to do with chocolate cookies because you can't see them turning golden brown)
Mmmm, I can almost taste them now. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!
Linked up at some of the great blogs on my sidebar.