Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Frosty


My husband found this recipe to make a Wendy's chocolate frosty at home--yummy!  I got a Cuisinart ice cream maker for my birthday and we've been on the lookout for great recipes to make with it.  This frosty recipe is delicious--it tastes just like going to Wendy's!
 I tried to restrain myself and just have this little cup.  But, I went back for seconds...

What you need:  For 6 servings (or 4 large servings if you eat waaaay too much ice cream, like me)
  • 3 3/4 cups whole milk  (I tried using an even 4 cups, and it overflows my Cuisinart)
  • 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk--eyeball it
  • heaping 1/3 cup Homemade Chocolate Syrup (about 6 Tbs)

Lets get cooking:
Pour in milk.


Add sweetened condensed milk.

Add chocolate syrup.

Whisk together.  Let it chill in the fridge for a couple hours.

Pour into your ice cream maker and wait 25 minutes.

It's ready!  I forgot my own advice and used 4 cups of milk = overflow!

This tastes best when eaten right away, or within a few hours.  But, it will save several weeks in the freezer in an airtight container.  (I don't actually know that from personal experience, since I always eat it all within a day or two). 

-Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation--your comments make me happy!